Dept. of Library and Information Science
Columbus School of Law Room 315
The Information Commons brings together students, information, expertise, and technology in an enriched environment promoting collaboration and innovation in support of learning, teaching, and research.
Some of the facilities uses--
- Informal gathering place for students;
- Colloquia presentations;
- Usability testing lab;
- Work space for group projects;
- Student meetings for professional organizations;
- A place for helpful assistance with technology projects.
|SLIS Symposium 2009|
- Access to LIS Technology Inventory
- Presentation space with networking and video projection
for groups up to 40
- Tables and chairs for informal small group meetings and individual study
- WiFi wireless network coverage for laptops
- Video signage production and maintenance
The Information Commons is available for informal conversations and individual study when not scheduled for formal programs. Scheduling of all or part of the facilities for formal programs and events, and requests to open at other times, are coordinated by Library and Information Science.
Requests to schedule use of the Information Commons should be emailed to: cua-slislab[at]cua.edu