Cultural Heritage Collections:
Content and Access in the Digital Era
The CHIM Forum is designed for cultural heritage practitioners, students, and researchers from private and public sectors to share strategies and best practices for creating digital cultural heritage collections, engaging current and potential users, and providing access to digital collections as easily as possible.
Martin R. Kalfatovic, Associate Director, Smithsonian Libraries and Program Director, The Biodiversity Heritage Library, will be the keynote speaker. Panels of invited speakers from libraries, archives, museums and other cultural institutions will present on topics related to the theme of the forum, including
- Infrastructure for collection sharing, research, and access
- Creation of digital collections
- Access to digital cultural heritage collections
- Outreach and engagement of users
- Stewardship of cultural heritage collections
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Sustainability and funding models
In an afternoon session representatives from funding agencies will discuss their perspectives on managing cultural heritage resources and grant programs. Forum participants will have opportunities to discuss sustainability and related issues with these representatives.