- Master of Science in Library Science
- Master of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Health Information Technology
- Post-Master's or Non-Degree Students
- International Students
- Application Deadlines
The Admissions Committee of Library and Information Science reviews each applicant's entire record. The committee considers numeric scores, background, talent and other attributes that are needed by the information professions. Readiness to engage in academic work, analytic and conceptual thinking ability, strong writing skills, a commitment to the application of new techniques and concepts to the information professions are also considered.
All materials should be addressed to the following:
The Catholic University of America
620 Michigan Ave, NE
Washington, DC 20064
Once materials are submitted, please contact Mr. Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your MSLIS application here, and be prepared to submit the following materials:
- Completed online application for admission to graduate studies, accompanied by a $60 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts sent directly from the regionally accredited college or university that awarded the applicant's BA or BS degree.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores if applicant earned less than a 3.0 in undergraduate work. Scores must be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service. The ETS code for CUA is 5104. GRE scores are also required if you wish to be considered for University Scholarships.
- A 500-700 word personal statement about how your current and/or past academic and work experiences, including volunteer work, have influenced your ability to become a leader in your field.
- Three letters of reference from persons who can attest to your ability to perform graduate level studies sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by the author.
Note: We will not be accepting HIT (Health Information Technology) applications for the Fall 2015 –Spring 2016 academic year
Applicants who wish to study as non-degree and post-master's students must submit the following:
- Completed paper Graduate Nondegree Application Form, accompanied by a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Post-Master's applicants should list Advanced Certificate in Library Leadership and Management or Advanced Certificate in CHIM under "Specify course(s) you plan to take" if applicable.
- Official transcripts sent directly from the regionally accredited college or university that awarded the applicant's BA or BS degree. Applicants for the Post-Master's Certificate should also send official transcripts from their master's degree.
Library and Information Science requires that applicants from non-English-speaking nations whose previous education has not been at institutions of higher education in the United States certify their proficiency in English by submitting scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum score on the TOEFL of 580 (paper-based test) or 237 (computer-based test) or 92 (Internet-based test) is expected. On the IELTS, an Overall Band score of 6.5 or higher is required.
A certified translated copy of your transcript is needed if it is not in the English language.
For more information, including deadlines for international applicants, see CUA Admissions.
All applicantions are due by the dates listed below. There will be no exceptions.
- November 15 - Applicants for spring admission
- April 1 - Applicants for summer admission
- July 15 - Applicants for fall admission